Real Energy Hires Halliburton for Fracture Stimulation Work in Cooper Basin
Cooper Basin focused oil & gas development company, Real Energy Corp. Ltd. (Real Energy), announced Monday that the Company has executed a contract with Halliburton Australia to undertake fracture stimulation services at the company’s Tamarama-1 well, located in the Windorah Gas Project in ATP 927P, Cooper Basin, Queensland, Australia.
Real Energy expects to commence the five stage fracture stimulation program in the Toolachee-Patchawarra formation sections at depth below 7,546 feet (2,300 meters) in the Tamarama-1 during the March 2016 Quarter, subject to weather conditions. The Company also ordered the necessary equipment required to undertake the stimulation program.
Scott Brown, Real Energy Managing Director, commented: “This contract with Halliburton Australia marks an important step for the company as we move towards commercializing our Windorah Gas Project in the Cooper Basin.”
“Results from the multi-staged fracture stimulation being undertaken at our maiden basin centered gas well, Tamarama-1, will provide us with significant operational and commercial information which will form the basis for further development of the project.”
“The company is well-placed to take full advantage of growing demand for east coast gas, and this well stimulation program will further build on the excellent exploration results we have received to date at our 100 percent-owned ATP927P acreage.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Real Energy Corporation Ltd. more info
- Real Energy Prepares for Tamarama-1 Well Test Program in Queensland (Sep 27)
- Real Energy Ends Re-Completion Ops at Tamarama-1 Well in Queensland (Aug 08)
- Real Energy Recommences Field Ops at Tamarama-1 Well in Queensland (Jul 07)