BP Signs Agreement to Speed up Atoll Field Development
BP announced Thursday that it has signed an agreement with the Egyptian Minister of Petroleum to accelerate the development of the Atoll gas discovery, located in the North Damietta Offshore Concession in the East Nile Delta, offshore Egypt.
Full field development of Atoll, which is estimated to hold 1.5 trillion cubic feet of gas resources and 31 million barrels of condensates, is expected to consist of two phases. The first phase will consist of two development wells tied back to existing infrastructure, with production expected to start up in 2018. Success of this first phase is expected to trigger additional investment and further wells to increase production.
Commenting on the agreement, BP Group Chief Executive Bob Dudley commented in a company statement:
“We are pleased to be making rapid progress towards the development of Atoll less than eight months after the announcement of its discovery. This is further demonstration of our continued confidence in Egypt, a key growth area for BP, and our commitment to continue to invest to unlock its energy potential.”
The development of Atoll will be executed and operated by Pharaonic Petroleum Co, BP’s joint venture with EGAS and Eni.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: ENI more info
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: EGAS more info
- Sources: Egypt To Import 3 LNG Cargoes From France's Engie For 2Q 2018 (Feb 19)
- Egypt Launches Tender for Third Floating Regasification Unit (Jun 29)
- BP Signs Agreement to Speed up Atoll Field Development (Nov 05)