BP Signs Agreement to Speed up Atoll Field Development
BP announced Thursday that it has signed an agreement with the Egyptian Minister of Petroleum to accelerate the development of the Atoll gas discovery, located in the North Damietta Offshore Concession in the East Nile Delta, offshore Egypt.
Full field development of Atoll, which is estimated to hold 1.5 trillion cubic feet of gas resources and 31 million barrels of condensates, is expected to consist of two phases. The first phase will consist of two development wells tied back to existing infrastructure, with production expected to start up in 2018. Success of this first phase is expected to trigger additional investment and further wells to increase production.
Commenting on the agreement, BP Group Chief Executive Bob Dudley commented in a company statement:
“We are pleased to be making rapid progress towards the development of Atoll less than eight months after the announcement of its discovery. This is further demonstration of our continued confidence in Egypt, a key growth area for BP, and our commitment to continue to invest to unlock its energy potential.”
The development of Atoll will be executed and operated by Pharaonic Petroleum Co, BP’s joint venture with EGAS and Eni.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: EGAS more info
- Egypt Launches Tender for Third Floating Regasification Unit (Jun 29)
- BP Signs Agreement to Speed up Atoll Field Development (Nov 05)
- Egypt Awards 4 Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Licences (Oct 06)