Oil Search Updates on Drilling at Antelope 4ST1 Well in PNG's PRL 15
Oil Search Ltd. provided Thursday an update on drilling operations at the Antelope 4 ST1 appraisal well in PRL 15 in the Gulf Province, Papua New Guinea (PNG).
The company revealed that Antelope 4 ST1 well, which spud Aug. 27 with Rig 103, was at a depth of 6,398 feet (1,950 meters) Oct. 31 and running 5 inch liner in an 8.5 inch hole, after tagging the top of the target carbonate reservoir approximately 98 feet (30 meters) high to expectations.
"During the month, operations focused on achieving barrier integrity in the well at the top of the reservoir. The forward plan is to drill ahead through the reservoir to the planned total depth of approximately 7,792 feet (2,375 meters) and proceed with a data acquisition program," Oil Search said in the press release.
Field operator Total E&P PNG Ltd. holds 40.1 percent stake in the PRL 15 Joint Venture, while InterOil Corp. has 36.5 percent interest. Oil Search holds 22.8 percent interest in the project, with the remaining 0.5 percent owned by minorities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)