SapuraKencana Secures Approval for Eastern Malaysia Gas Field Development
Malaysia's SapuraKencana Energy (SKE) announced Wednesday that it has secured approval from national oil firm Petronas for the SK310 BK15 gas field development project, offshore eastern Malaysia.
The B15 field was discovered in December 2010. It is located in the SK310 production sharing contract area. The development will comprise a central processing platform with a 21-mile gas evacuation pipeline to be tied into existing infrastructure.
SapuraKencana said the B15 field is expected to produce 100 million cubic feet of gas per day for Petronas's LNG complex in Bintulu, Sarawak.
Commenting in a company statement, SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad CEO Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Shahril Shamsuddin said:
"The FDP approval from PETRONAS marks SKE's first development in the upstream gas project in Malaysia. We will continue to pursue future gas development projects from our other successful gas discoveries in Malaysia which is part of SKE's portfolio today."
SKE operates the SK310 production sharing contract with a 30-percent participating interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)