CIMIC's Unit Bags $179.1M Surat Basin Gas Infrastructure Contract from QGC
Australia's CIMIC Group disclosed Tuesday that its construction company, Leighton Contractors, has been selected by QGC Pty Limited to deliver gas infrastructure in the Surat Basin, Queensland.
The project is expected to generate revenue of approximately $179.1 million (AUD 250 million) to Leighton Contractors over 18 months.
CIMIC Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Marcelino Fernandez Verdes said: “QGC’s ongoing development of its world‐class natural gas reserves is making a major contribution to the Queensland economy and growth of the LNG industry in Australia.
“CIMIC Group and Leighton Contractors bring significant international and Australian experience to the delivery of large scale oil and gas facilities.”
Leighton Contractors Managing Director Roman Garrido said: “Our integrated project management, engineering and construction capabilities provide clients with a single interface for all civil, structural, mechanical, piping, instrumentation and electrical work for delivering oil and gas facilities.
“We are pleased to continue our valued partnership with QGC and look forward to building on relationships formed with local subcontractors and suppliers.”
Construction is expected to begin in late 2015 for completion in 2017.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Decmil Bags Framework Deal with QGC for Brownfield Projects in Surat Basin (May 24)
- Decmil Clinches Extension to QCLNG Wellsite Contract in Australia from QGC (Jan 12)
- SPIE Bags $13M Maintenance Services Contract for Australia's QCLNG Project (Dec 01)
Company: CIMIC Group Ltd. (CIMIC) more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- CIMIC-Saipem JV Issues Notice of Dispute on Gorgon Contract to Chevron (Feb 23)
- CIMIC's Unit Bags $179.1M Surat Basin Gas Infrastructure Contract from QGC (Nov 03)