TIPRO Names Top Texas Producers for 2015
The Texas Independent Producers & Royalty Owners Association (TIPRO) announced the winners of this year’s Texas Top Producers awards. Altogether, nearly 60 finalists were recognized during the 4th annual Texas Top Producers banquet, held Tuesday evening, Oct. 27, at the Petroleum Club of Houston. Top winners were also revealed during the function, across the four disciplines of Best CEOs, Best Landmen, Best Geoscientists and Best Engineers.
In 2012, TIPRO partnered with the publishers of Texas Monthly magazine to establish the Texas Top Producers awards program, in efforts to honor exemplary oil and gas professionals that have led the state and country into an energy revolution. The program also seeks to build awareness on the economic contributions of the Texas oil and gas industry. Additional supporting organizations for the Texas Top Producers program include the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG).
The 2015 Texas Top Producer award finalists, and ultimately the top winners, were selected by a committee comprised of past honorees, in addition to industry and association executives, following an extensive open nominations process.
“The Texas oil and gas industry remains the foundation of our economy, despite current market conditions. Our sector supports 40 percent of the Texas economy, and directly employs more than 400,000 Texans,” said Ed Longanecker, president of TIPRO. “Joined by our partners, TIPRO is proud to recognize and celebrate the innovations, discoveries and achievements of the Texas Top Producers, which have allowed the United States to rank as one of the largest producers of oil and natural gas in the world. TIPRO congratulates all of the 2015 Texas Top Producer award recipients and thanks each honoree for their individual contributions that have helped to support the industry.”
During the 2015 Texas Top Producers banquet, Railroad Commission Chairman David Porter provided the evening’s keynote address.
The 2015 Texas Top Producer award recipients are currently featured in the November 2015 edition of Texas Monthly magazine.
The following individuals are the winners of the 2015 Texas Top Producers awards, listed in alphabetical order by last name:
- Best CEOs
- John Christmann IV, Apache Corporation
- Thomas Meneley, Plantation Petroleum Corporation
- Berry Mullennix, Panther Energy Company II
- William Thomas, EOG Resources
- Barry Winstead, Forge Energy
- Best Landmen
- Steve Creger, Swift Energy
- Kevin Dickerson, Orange Energy Corporation
- Jeanine Haller Piskurich, BP America
- Elizabeth Moses, Diamondback Energy
- Jill Weathers, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Best Engineers
- Kurt Butler, Sabine Oil & Gas
- Danny Kellum, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Dave Kyte, EnerVest Operating Company
- Joe Niederhofer, Energen Resources
- Jeff Shyer, Laredo Energy
- Best Geoscientists
- Harry Balling, Hurd Enterprises
- Jeff Bryden, Fasken Oil & Ranch
- Allen Donaldson, Newfield Exploration
- Mark Elliott, Laredo Petroleum
- Mark Mathisen, Viking GeoScience, Ltd.
Additional details regarding the Texas Top Producers program, including award criteria and the full list of the 2015 award finalists, can be found on TIPRO’s website at www.tipro.org.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.