Genel to Sell 20% Interest in Chia Surkh PSC
Genel Energy plc announced Thursday that it will sell a 20 percent participating interest in the Chia Surkh Production Sharing Contract to Petoil Inc.
As a consideration for the sale of the stake, Petoil will carry Genel’s share of the costs associated with the Chia Surkh-12 (CS-12) appraisal well. The total cost of the CS-12 well is estimated to be approximately $50 million, with drilling expected to commence in the first quarter of 2016. This drilling will help refine the contingent resource estimate for the Chia Surkh license, which is currently estimated at 250 million barrels of oil equivalent, according to Genel.
On completion of the transaction, which is subject to Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) approval, Petoil will transfer $10 million to Genel which will be released at different stages of well operations in accordance with cash calls, well completion and testing. The operatorship of the Chia Surkh PSC will also transfer from Genel to Petoil for the duration of the CS-12 well. When the transaction is complete, Genel will hold a 40 percent participating interest in the Chia Surkh license, with Petoil and KRG holding the remaining 40 and 20 percent stakes, respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Genel can 'Plan with Confidence' in 2017 after KRG Payment Promise (Jan 24)
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Petoil more info
- Genel to Sell 20% Interest in Chia Surkh PSC (Oct 29)
- Iraq Amended Draft Law Sets Out New PSA Model (Jan 16)
- Iraqi Leaders Still Wrangling Over Hydrocarbon Law (Jan 09)