Mubadala Petroleum Extends Atwood Orca Contract at Lower Day Rate
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. announced Wednesday that one of its subsidiaries had agreed to a nine-month extension and rate adjustment to its existing contract with Mubadala Petroleum (SE Asia) Limited for the jackup Atwood Orca (400' ILC), beginning Nov. 1.
The jackup, which commenced its drilling services contract with Mubadala Petroleum offshore Thailand on April 29, 2013, will continue its current remain assignment until the new contract end date of Oct. 28, 2016.
Atwood Oceanics added that the agreement adjusts the operating day rate to approximately $85,000 from Nov. 1, 2015 until the new contract end date. The day rate has fallen by almost half in the extension, compared to the original agreement when it was pegged at $165,000, according to data from Rigzone's RigLogix database. Atwood Orca is currently operating in the Gulf of Thailand.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Mubadala Development more info
- Mubadala To Hold Abu Dhabi's 2% Stake In BP (Dec 19)
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Abu Dhabi Plans Merger Of Sovereign Funds Mubadala And IPIC (Jun 29)