Petrofac Celebrates Sail-Away of First Modules to ZADCO's Upper Zakum Field
Petrofac Ltd. announced Monday that Petrofac Emirates, its Joint Venture with Nama Project Services, in consortium with Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has celebrated the safe and successful sail-away of the first two modules for ZADCO’s Upper Zakum, UZ750 field development which is located offshore Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Gulf Piping Company W.L.L. fabricated the two piperacks as part of a wider scope of work, which sailed from their yard in Mussafah on a 50 mile (80 kilometer) sea journey to the project’s south island. This represented a combined weight of more than 800 tons with the largest module approximately 197 feet (60 meters) long.
George Salibi, project director, said: “This is a landmark achievement for everyone involved in the project. These are the first two modular items that we’ve sailed and the success of the operation is testimony to the dedication, efforts and teamwork of everyone involved.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Zakum Development Company more info
- Petrofac Celebrates Sail-Away of First Modules to ZADCO's Upper Zakum Field (Oct 27)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Awarded PMC Contract Extension in Middle East (Aug 18)
- Foster Wheeler Secures Availability, Reliability Study in UAE (Mar 02)
Company: Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) more info
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding's Bailout Plan Cleared by Pension Fund (Apr 17)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)