Technip Bags Subsea Contract for Layang Field Off Sarawak from JX Nippon
France's Technip reported Thursday that it has been awarded an important subsea contract by JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration (Malaysia) Ltd. in the Layang field, Block SK10, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia at a water depth of 279 feet (85 meters).
The contract covers the engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning of three flexible pipes totaling 6.1 miles (9.9 kilometers). The flexible pipes consist of two production risers and flowlines and one gas export riser and flowline, connecting shallow water platforms to a new floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit.
The Group will leverage its unique subsea integrated approach, as Technip’s operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will execute the contract, while the flexible flowlines will be produced in Asiaflex Products, Technip’s manufacturing facility in Tanjung Langsat, Johor, Malaysia.
The installation campaign will use the Group’s multipurpose vessel, the Deep Orient and the project is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2016.
KK Lim, president of Technip in Asia Pacific, commented, "We are delighted to work with JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration and its main partner Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) on this project which is awarded under the 'Flexible Pipes Framework Agreement' signed with PCSB last year. It demonstrates the competitiveness of our flexible pipe technology for shallow water developments and the advantages of our unique subsea integrated approach as a one stop solution for cost-effective field developments”.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)