ROC Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at QK12-3-1D Well in China's Bohai Bay Basin
AWE Limited reported Tuesday that the Operator of Block 09/05 in the Bohai Bay Basin, China, ROC Oil Company Limited (ROC) has confirmed that the second of two planned exploration wells in the block, QK12-3-1D, reached the planned Total Depth (TD) of 11,811 feet (3,600 meters) MDRT (Measured Depth below Rotary Table) at 03:00 hours (03:00 am) AEDT Oct. 18.
The well successfully drilled all three targets and intersected good stacked reservoirs in these objectives. However, no hydrocarbon shows were recorded. Logging of the well has been completed and the Joint Venture (JV) will now proceed to plug and abandon the well, following which the JV will have met all PSC obligations.
The Joint Venture partners in Block 09/05 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiary) - 40.0 percent
- ROC Oil Company Limited (via subsidiary) (Operator) - 60.0 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)