InterOil Assigns Rig for the Elk-Antelope Appraisal Program in PNG
InterOil Corporation disclosed Monday that it has assigned one of its drilling rigs to the Elk-Antelope appraisal program in Papua New Guinea.
The PRL 15 Joint Venture, which is operated by Total, will use a rig that InterOil has under contract with High Arctic Energy Services to drill the Antelope-6 appraisal well later this year.
InterOil Chief Executive Dr Michael Hession said the move reflected the joint venture’s priority to complete field appraisal.
"Appraisal is a key step for the Papua LNG Project, InterOil’s most important and immediate focus in our commitment to Papua New Guinea," Dr Hession said.
Dr Hession also said InterOil has decided to defer its discretionary drilling program, including appraisal of the Raptor discovery, until the Elk-Antelope appraisal program was complete.
He said the company also continued to streamline its operations and reduce costs after handing operatorship of PRL 15 to Total in July this year.
The top of the reservoir had been encountered in the Antelope-4 ST-1 well at 6,152 feet (1,875 meters true vertical depth sub-sea), which was 118 feet (36 meters) higher than the original Antelope-4 penetration.
Casing has been set above the reservoir and cement bond logs recorded. Prior to drilling ahead additional cementing operations are being conducted to ensure integrity of the casing shoe.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)