Total CEO Says Financing for Yamal LNG on Track
PARIS, Oct 15 (Reuters) – Total Chief Executive Patrick Pouyanne said on Thursday that financing for the $27 billion Yamal LNG project it is developing in Russia with Novatek was on track.
"Various banks are responding to bids and all is on track," Pouyanne told journalists in Paris.
The liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in the Yamal peninsula in Siberia is set to produce a total of 16.5 million tonnes of LNG per year.
Novatek, Russia's largest independent natural gas producer, has been hit by Western sanctions imposed over Moscow's role in the Ukraine crisis, restricting the project's access to western financing.
(Reporting by Bate Felix and Benjamin Mallet; Editing by Andrew Callus and James Regan)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds