Circle Oil: KSR-A Well Onshore Morocco Flows Gas
North Africa-focused energy firm Circle Oil plc announced Tuesday that the Ksiri West–A (KSR-A) exploration well on the Sebou Permit, onshore Morocco, has flowed gas at a rate of 8 million cubic feet per day, following tests.
The KSR-A well, which reached a total depth of 6,200 feet on September 19, perforated its primary Main Hoot target interval from 5964 feet to 5993 feet and registered the gas output on a 24/64 inch choke. KSR-A will now be tied back to the 75 percent owned Circle Oil pipeline from Sebou to the industrial area of Kenitra ready for production.
The rig used to drill KSR-A has relocated to drill the Caid El Gaddari–13 (CGD-13) well, which is the final well of Circle’s current drilling campaign. Depending on progress rates, Circle Oil has stated that initial results of this well could be available in approximately 30 to 40 days.
Commenting on the results of the KSR-A well Mitch Flegg, Circle Oil CEO, said in a company statement:
“We are delighted with the results of the KSR-A well. The flow rates achieved during the well test are at the upper end of our range of expectations and the well will now be tied in to our existing infrastructure and put into production as soon as possible. This gas will be sold at fixed rates which are not subject to oil price fluctuations.”
The Sebou permit is a partnership between Circle Oil Maroc Limited, which holds a 75 percent interest, and ONHYM (Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines), which holds the remaining 25 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.