Saudi Aramco Names Qahtani Acting SVP for Upstream Ops
KHOBAR, Saudi Arabia, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Saudi Aramco has appointed Mohammed al-Qahtani as acting senior vice-president for upstream operations until the end of December, the state-owned firm said on Sunday.
Aramco was confirming on its Twitter account an earlier Reuters report about the appointment.
Qahtani replaces Amin Nasser, who was appointed chief executive and president of the company last month. It was not known who would take the senior vice-president post after December.
Qahtani has held various positions at the state oil giant, including those with responsibility for petroleum engineering; his last post was vice-president for corporate planning.
(Reporting by Reem Shamseddine; Editing by Andrew Torchia)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds