Pemex Extends Geophysical, Geotechnical Contract for the Fugro-Diavaz JV
Fugro, the Netherlands-based firm, reported Tuesday that Mexican national oil company Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) has extended a contract undertaken by its unit Fugro (Mexico) and partner Diavaz for an ongoing offshore geophysical and geotechnical campaign offshore Mexico.
The current contract requires Fugro (Mexico) and Diavaz to carry out geotechnical field operations, laboratory testing and geoconsulting activities to support exploration drilling activities in the Bay of Campeche and deepwater locations in the Perdido area. The field program is scheduled to commence in October from the ultra-deepwater geotechnical and well services vessel Fugro Synergy, while the geoconsulting program will continue through 2016.
Fugro revealed that the value of the contract extension is approximately $13 million.
"This contract extension represents a continuation of Fugro’s longstanding and successful relationship working with Pemex and reinforces Fugro’s market leadership internationally as the preferred service provider for geotechnical, geophysical and geoconsulting services," the company said in the press release.
Fugro said geotechnical soil data collection, laboratory testing and consultancy services are centered around onshore and offshore site investigation, while geotechnical information is used to design foundations for deepwater wells, offshore structures, on and offshore pipelines, ports, large buildings, bridges, and other infrastructure.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Diavaz more info
- Pemex Extends Geophysical, Geotechnical Contract for the Fugro-Diavaz JV (Oct 07)
- Pemex Awards Platform-Upgrade Contract to Diavaz (Aug 05)
- Fugro Wins $21.9M Contract from Pemex (Apr 27)