Skandi Africa Vessel Delivered and Working for Technip
Subsea engineering specialist DOF Subsea Group announced Tuesday that it has taken delivery of the Skandi Africa deepwater subsea construction vessel, which has now begun a five-year charter contract with oilfield services firm Technip.
Named 'Ship of the Year 2015', DOF describes the Skandi Africa as currently the most-advanced vessel in its fleet. It is designed for harsh environment and deepwater subsea construction and flexlay operations – down to 9,800 feet depth.
DOF Subsea CEO Mons S. Aase commented in a company statement:
"Skandi Africa is an example of the team effort between DOF and our main suppliers and business partners, making one of the most sophisticated vessels ever built. It is also a strong statement that the Norwegian offshore industry is competitive in delivering high-end offshore vessels."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Indonesia Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Mar 26)
- Equinor Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Mar 20)
- Louisiana Petchems Project Hits Milestone (Mar 19)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)