Perisai Farms-Out Contract for Perisai Pacific 101 Jackup to Hess
Malaysia's Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd reported Friday that its 51 percent subsidiary Perisai Offshore Sdn Bhd has reached an agreement with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) -- the upstream division of national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) -- and HESS Exploration and Production Malaysia BV to farm-out the contract for the jackup Perisai Pacific 101 (400' ILC) to the latter.
The farm-out, costing $26.9 million, commenced Sept. 23 and will cover a duration of nine months, with HESS holding an option to extend the deal for another one month. The Perisai Pacific 101 jackup will be reassigned to PCSB to support its operations after the expiry of the farm-out to HESS.
"All conditions relating to the disclosure of the Farm-Out has been secured today," Perisai Petroleum Teknologi said in a filing with local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Perisai Offshore clinched a three year $158 million contract from PCSB to supply Perisai Pacific 101, which was built by PPL Shipyard Ltd. in Singapore, in April 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil CEOs at Davos See Market Rebalancing (Jan 23)
- Hess Market Cap Plunges $1.5B (Dec 24)
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Oil Explorers Forge Ahead in Mexico (Mar 29)
- Repsol Makes Gas Discovery in Indonesia (Feb 20)
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
Company: Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd more info
- Bondholders of Malaysia's Perisai Reject Extension of Maturity Date (Oct 04)
- Malaysian Banks Brace For Profit Hits As O&G Firms Restructure Debt (Sep 26)
- Malaysia's Perisai Gets 6 Months Charter Extension for FPSO Perisai Kamelia (Aug 22)