Aker Bags Subsea Contract from Murphy for Rotan Gas Project Off Malaysia
Aker Solutions reported Thursday that it has been awarded a contract from Murphy Sabah Oil Co., Ltd. to deliver the subsea production system for the Rotan deepwater natural gas development offshore Malaysia.
The delivery includes hardware for four subsea wells, a hub manifold, in-line tees, a connection system and production control system. First deliveries are scheduled for the second quarter of 2016. The contract will be booked as part of the company's third-quarter order intake.
"We're very pleased to team up with Murphy on this important development," said Ravi Kashyap, country manager for Aker Solutions in Malaysia. "We look forward to continuing the good cooperation we've built over several years having worked with Murphy on other projects in this strategically important region."
Aker Solutions has worked with Murphy on the Kikeh oil and gas project, the first deepwater development in Malaysia, and the Siakap North-Petai oil and gas development, a tieback to Kikeh. Both fields are in Block K offshore East Malaysia at the easternmost state, on the island of Borneo.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)