Samsung Heavy Industries Orders a FSRU Unit from GTT for Delivery in 2017
France's GTT, the world leader in the design of membrane containment systems for the maritime transportation and storage of LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), disclosed Monday a new order for a Floating Storage & Regasification Unit (FSRU) from the South Korean shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries. This new FSRU will be equipped with Mark III technology and is expected to be delivered in 2017.
With this new unit, GTT is recording its third order of the year for a FSRU. As of today, GTT’s order book includes eight of these units, one having been delivered in August. GTT technologies have become the standard in this offshore gas industry segment and offer significant competitive advantages, including optimization of capital expenditure (CAPEX) /operating expenditure (OPEX) and LNG storage capacity. All of the new-build FSRUs ordered in the world are equipped with GTT technologies.
Philippe Berterottiere, Chairman and CEO of GTT commented: “We are very satisfied of this new success which confirms that GTT’s technologies perfectly fit to this market. This order for a FSRU also demonstrates that new importing countries take interest in LNG year after year”.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: GTT more info
- France's GTT Sees Recovery Ahead After Rebound In Orders (Feb 16)
- CEO: France's GTT Sees Opportunities In Increased Gas Production (Jul 20)
- Samsung Heavy Industries Orders a FSRU Unit from GTT for Delivery in 2017 (Sep 29)