Sound Oil Makes Board Changes
Sound Oil announced Monday that the company has appointed Richard Liddell and Stephen Whyte to its board as non-executive directors.
Liddell served on the board of Falkland Oil and Gas from 2005 to 2015 and is the chairman and managing director of Clara Petroleum. He was also the operations director of Premier Oil from 2000 until 2003 and prior to that spent three years as director of development at BG Exploration and Production. Whyte was chief operating officer and executive director for exploration and production at Galp Energia for three years until 2014 and has worked for BG Group, Shell and Clyde Petroleum. The latest board changes follow the news that non-executive directors Andrew Hockey and Gerry Orbell have decided to step down as directors of Sound Oil.
Simon Davies, Sound Oil's chairman, commented in a company statement:
"I am delighted to welcome Richard and Stephen to the board of Sound Oil. The wealth and breadth of their combined experience and connections will be of great value to the company as it prepares for further growth. I would also like to thank both Andrew and Gerry for their valuable contribution to the company over many years. Andrew has played a critical role in building the foundations of our Mediterranean gas business and we wish him continued success with his future endeavours. We are also extremely grateful to Gerry who, as the founding executive chairman of the company, and latterly as a non-executive director, has made a significant contribution to the development of Sound Oil."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Falkland Oil & Gas more info
- Falkland Explorers Confirm Oil Discovery with Isobel Re-Drill (Jan 11)
- Premier Spuds Isobel-2 Well in North Falkland Basin (Nov 23)
- Sound Oil Makes Board Changes (Sep 28)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)
Company: Sound Oil more info
- Sound Gets Closer to Securing Rig for Badile Drill (Feb 29)
- Sound Energy All Set to Drill First Moroccan Well (Feb 15)
- Sound Energy Confirms Clean-Up Operations at Nervesa (Feb 09)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Says Fire Extinguished At Singapore Refinery-Petchem Plant (Dec 11)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Pressured For Profit, Oil Majors Bet Big On Shale Technology (Nov 28)