BG Acquires Repsol's Newfoundland Interests
BG Group announced Monday that it has acquired three non-operated positions offshore Newfoundland, Canada, from Repsol.
BG now holds a 25 percent interest in Block EL1123, and a ten percent interest in Blocks EL1125 and EL1126. All three blocks are operated by Statoil and located in the Atlantic Ocean, approximately 120 miles from St. John’s, Newfoundland. The value of the transaction was not disclosed.
Commenting on the latest acquisition, a statement on BG’s website said:
“This provides the company with access to early stage exploration in a proven prospective basin ahead of the first well being drilled later this year.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)