JV Partner Exercises Rights to Beach's Stake in Egypt Abu Sennan Concession
Australia's Beach Energy Limited referred Monday to its Aug. 10 agreement with Rockhopper Exploration plc in relation to the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Beach Petroleum (Egypt) Pty Ltd. (Beach Egypt), whose core asset is a 22 percent interest in the Abu Sennan Concession in Egypt.
Completion was subject to satisfaction of certain conditions precedent, including waiver or non-exercise of pre-emptive rights held by existing joint venture parties in relation to the Abu Sennan Concession. Subsequent to announcement, Beach has received notice of the exercise of pre-emptive rights by one of the existing Abu Sennan Concession joint venture parties. As a result, the conditions precedent for the sale of Beach Egypt cannot be satisfied and the sale of Beach Egypt to Rockhopper will not proceed.
The Abu Sennan Concession pre‐emption period expires Oct. 16. At that time the ultimate pre-empting party / parties will be confirmed. Completion of the sale of the interest in the Abu Sennan Concession under the pre‐emption arrangements is subject to Egyptian government approvals. The acquiring party / parties will pay to Beach $20.4 million in cash for the interest in the Abu Sennan Concession (subject to adjustments).
A further transaction update will be provided in due course.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)