COSL Spuds LS23-1-1 Exploration Well in Block 33/07 in East China Sea
Primeline Energy Holdings Inc. (Primeline or the Company) disclosed Wednesday the drilling of its LS23-1-1 exploration well in Block 33/07 in East China Sea has commenced to tap into resources near its LS36-1 gas field production facility.
As recently announced, Primeline’s drilling contractor China Oilfield Services Ltd. (COSL) started to tow the drilling rig, HYSY941 or COSL 941 (400' ILC), Sept. 15. The rig arrived at LS23-1-1 Sept. 17 and the subsequent jackup and loading operation was successfully completed. LS23-1-1 was spud Sept. 23.
The LS23-1-1 well is in 266 feet (81 meters) of water in Block 33/07 in the East China Sea and is 15 miles (24 kilometers) from the LS36-1 gas field platform. The planned total depth of the well is designed to be 8,819 feet (2,688 meters) with several target zones in Palaeocene sediments. The drilling is scheduled to take approximately 30 days including logging. If hydrocarbons are discovered, additional logging or drill stem tests will be carried out.
LS23-1-1 is the first exploration well (of two) in Primeline’s current campaign as part of the rolling development program. Based on the result of this well, Primeline will finalize the drilling location of the second well in Block 33/07, which will be either LS30-3-1 or LS23-2-1. Any resources discovered in this drilling campaign can use or share the LS36-1 gas field production infrastructure to speed up development and optimize future development costs and economics.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Primeline Energy Holdings Inc. more info
- Primeline to Commence Arbitration Against CNOOC Over China's Offshore Block (May 25)
- Primeline Enters into Phase 2 Exploration of Block 33/07 in East China Sea (May 05)
- Primeline Begins Arbitration Over Zhejiang Gas' Breach of Sales Contract (Apr 18)