Roc Oil Spuds QK12-3-1D Exploration Well in China's Bohai Bay Basin
AWE Limited, an Australian oil and gas exploration and development company, revealed Wednesday that the Operator of Block 09/05 in the Bohai Bay Basin, China, ROC Oil Company Limited has confirmed that the second of two planned exploration wells in the block, QK12-3-1D, commenced drilling operations at 12:30 hours (12.30pm) AEDT Sept. 22.
The well will be drilled to a planned total depth of 11,811 feet (3,600 meters) MDRT (Measured Depth below Rotary Table) and drilling operations are estimated to take 26 days to complete.
The QK12-3-1D well has been designed to test the oil potential of a 3-way dip closed structure matured by 3D seismic data. QK12-3-1D has two primary stacked objectives (Miocene age Guantao reservoirs and Pliocene age Minghuazhen reservoirs), and a secondary objective (Oligocene age Dongying reservoir).
Several prospects with similar geological structures have been mapped in the close proximity to the QK12-3-1D prospect.
Block 09/05 is located in the western part of the prolific Bohai Bay Basin in China, approximately 6.2 miles (10 kilometers) southeast of Tanggu, the largest port in China. The block covers an area of 129 square miles (335 square kilometers) with water depths from approximately 16 feet to 32 feet (5 meters to 10 meters). The block has the benefit of low drill and development costs, proximity to existing infrastructure and attractive fiscal terms.
The Joint Venture partners in Block 09/05 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiary) - 40.0 percdent
- ROC Oil Company Limited (via subsidiary) (Operator) - 60.0 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)