Amec Foster Wheeler Secures $55M EPC Contract with BP
Amec Foster Wheeler announced Monday that it has secured an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract with BP, worth $55 million, for the provision of additional living quarters for the Eastern Trough Area Project (ETAP).
The additional living quarters will comprise 16 modules, creating space for an additional 26 beds. Awarded under Amec Foster Wheeler’s global agreement with BP to provide engineering and project management services for BP's offshore developments around the world, the new contract will see 90 Amec Foster Wheeler employees, including eight graduates, work on the additional living space.
Alan Johnstone, Amec Foster Wheeler’s managing director for upstream asset solutions, commented in a company statement:
“We are delighted to be supporting BP’s rejuvenation of ETAP as they continue to invest in the North Sea. We’ve been working with BP for more than 35 years, delivering safe and efficient solutions and this contract award is another example of Amec Foster Wheeler combining our leading brownfield and EPC expertise and bringing new ways of working into the oil and gas industry.”
ETAP is an integrated development of nine different reservoirs with differing ownership and operatorship. Six separate fields are operated by BP and the other three are operated by Shell.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: AMEC Foster Wheeler plc more info
- Amec Foster's First-Half Trading Profit Falls, Margins Improve (Aug 10)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)
- British Oil Probe Shows Value of Reading the Small Print: Gadfly (Jul 12)