Suncor Granted Drilling Permit for North Sea Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Suncor Energy Norge AS a drilling permit for well 25/10-14 S, located in production license 571 in the central North Sea.
Well 25/10-14 S, which will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin (midwater semisub), is the second exploration well to be drilled in production license 571. Suncor Energy Norge AS is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 60 percent. The other licensee is Statoil Petroleum AS, which holds a 40 percent interest.
The drilling permit is contingent upon Suncor Energy having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling starts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Suncor Energy more info
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)