Genel Energy to Buy OMV Stake in Bina Bawi Field
Genel Energy announced Tuesday that it has signed an agreement with OMV to buy its 36 percent operated stake in the Bina Bawi field, located in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
As part of the agreement, Genel will pay OMV an upfront payment of $5 million. A contingent payment of $70 million will be transferred to OMV once gas production exceeds agreed threshold volumes from the Miran and Bina Bawi fields and a further contingent payment of $75 million is payable two years after the date of the second payment. Completion of the acquisition is subject to Kurdistan Regional Government approval, which is expected shortly, according to Genel.
In consideration of the KRG agreeing to the transfer of OMV’s stake in the Bina Bawi field, on completion of the acquisition Genel has stated that it will offset $25 million against monies owed by the KRG to Genel for past expenses incurred on the Miran field.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
Company: Genel Enerji A.S. more info
- Genel can 'Plan with Confidence' in 2017 after KRG Payment Promise (Jan 24)
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Kurdistan Regional Government more info
- KRG Doing All It Can To Ensure IOC Payments Says Deputy Prime Minister (Dec 05)
- Gulf Keystone Confirms KRG Payment (Mar 08)
- DNO Receives Partial Payment from KRG for Oil Exports (Dec 03)