Erin Energy Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
Erin Energy Corporation announced Friday that it has appointed its senior vice president for exploration and production, Segun Omidele, as its new chief operating officer, effective immediately.
Omidele has worked for Erin Energy since 2011 and led the company’s technical team in its successful deepwater drilling and completion campaign of the Oyo-7 and Oyo-8 wells, located offshore Nigeria. The company’s new COO has over 35 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including 28 years with Shell Oil companies in Nigeria, the U.K. and the U.S.
Kase Lawal, chairman and chief executive officer of Erin Energy, commented in a company statement:
“Segun’s leadership and knowledge of the business and region have proved exceptionally valuable to our company and I am very pleased he will now serve us as chief operating officer.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Erin Energy Corp. more info
- Q&A: Offshore Safety in Nigeria (Sep 29)
- Erin Completes 3D Seismic Acquisition Offshore Gambia (Sep 14)
- Erin Energy Appoints New Chief Operating Officer (Sep 11)