Aker Appoints Ex-Petrobras E&P Director
Aker Solutions announced Thursday that it has appointed ex-Petrobras exploration and production director Jose Formigli to its innovation board and as an adviser for overall strategic decisions.
Formigli began working for Petrobras in 1983 and was appointed director of E&P in 2012, before stepping down from the position earlier this year. While supervising all domestic E&P activity for the company, Formigli oversaw a five percent increase in output, an annual reserve replacement of more than 100 percent and a gain in operational efficiency of more than ten percent. As a member of the Aker innovation board, Formigli will advise on the company's strategic direction for its research and investments.
Commenting on the company’s new appointment, Aker Solutions Chief Executive Officer Luis Araujo said in a company statement:
"Jose is extremely capable and knowledgeable and will provide invaluable advice in guiding our technological and strategic direction. We are delighted to have him join our team. His input as a former operator and strong track record in the offshore and deepwater market will be of immense value."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)