Origin Spuds Amungee NW-1 Well in EP98 in Australia's Beetaloo Basin
Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. reported Tuesday it has spud the Amungee NW-1 well in exploration permit EP98 in the Beetaloo Basin, Northern Territory, Australia.
Amungee NW-1, the second of Falcon’s 2015 three well drilling and evaluation program and the initial phase of a nine well drilling and evaluation program, will target the Middle Velkerri formation to assess hydrocarbon saturation and reservoir quality. The well is located approximately 15.5 miles (25 kilometers) east of the first well drilled -- Kalala S-1 -- in EP98 and will be drilled to a total depth of 8,858 feet (2,700 meters) using Saxon Energy Services Australia Pty. Ltd.'s Rig 185. Drilling is estimated to take between 35 and 50 days.
“Amungee NW-1 is the second of our 2015 fully carried three well drilling program with our partners Origin and Sasol and follows the successful drilling of the first well, Kalala-S1. This second well is designed to once again penetrate and acquire further data from the Middle Velkerri formation. We’re currently evaluating the extensive sidewall core and wireline data and the geochemical analysis of cuttings acquired from Kalala- S1 and look forward to reporting our findings in the near future,” Philip O’Quigley, CEO of Falcon commented in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Shifts Strategy, Evaluates Chemical Business Split (Nov 29)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)