Odfjell Secures Maria Field Drilling Contract
Wintershall Norge AS has awarded Odfjell Drilling's Deepsea Stavanger (UDW semisub) a contract for the drilling of six production wells on the Maria field in the Haltenbanken area on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The contract, which has an estimated value of $175 million, is expected to commence on April 1, 2017. Deepsea Stavanger is currently employed by BP in Angola. Odfjell Drilling has stated that it will continue to market the rig in order to secure temporary employment until it starts work on the Maria field.
Odfjell Drilling CEO Simen Lieungh commented in a company statement:
“We appreciate the trust Wintershall and its partners show us in developing the Maria field. This contract represents yet another recognition of Odfjell Drilling's ability to provide efficient drilling operations in harsh environment areas and I can assure that Odfjell Drilling will demonstrate the company's firm commitment to the successful development drilling of the Maria field. This contract is an important addition to Odfjell Drilling's order backlog and increases the company's earnings visibility during a challenging market cycle.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Odfjell Drilling more info
- Oil Slump No Obstacle to 300% Return for Norwegian Driller (Aug 24)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- Odfjell Sees Continuing Tough Market for Offshore Drillers (Feb 29)