Rosneft, Sinopec Agree on Joint Development of Russian Fields
Rosneft and Sinopec have agreed to work together on the development of the Russian Russkoye and Yurubcheno-Tokhomskoye fields.
Under the agreement, which was signed during Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit to Beijing, Sinopec has the right to acquire a 49 percent stake in East Siberian Oil and Gas Company and Tyumenneftegaz, which hold the exploration licenses for Russkoye and Yurubcheno-Tokhomskoye, respectively.
Sinopec Group and Rosneft will now set up a joint technical group to finalize the investment plan and agreement. The closing of the transaction is subject to a number of standard conditions including approval from governmental authorities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Lead a Chinese Oil Giant and Get a Fraction of Your Peers' Pay (Dec 27)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)