Premier Oil Comes Up Dry in North Sea Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announced Thursday that Premier Oil Norge, the operator of production license 539, has come up dry in exploration well 3/7-10 S in the southern section of the North Sea.
Drilled to a vertical depth of 11,364 feet, the purpose of the well was to prove petroleum in the Ula and Bryne formations. The Ula formation was not encountered and the Bryne formation encountered water wet sands. Well 3/7-10 S, which was drilled by the Maersk Guardian (350’ ILC), will now be permanently plugged and abandoned and the Maersk Guardian will proceed to Fredrikshavn to be laid up.
Premier Oil holds a 40 percent interest in production license 539. Suncor Energy and DEA Norge both hold a 20 percent interest, Dana Petroleum holds a 12 percent interest and Ithaca Petroleum holds an 8 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Suncor Energy more info
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)
Company: Ithaca Energy more info
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)