Xodus Group Secures North Sea Decommissioning Contract with Nexen
Xodus Group announced Wednesday that it has been awarded a contract with Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited to provide Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) services in support of the decommissioning of the Ettrick and Blackbird fields in the central North Sea.
As part of the contract, Xodus will assess decommissioning methods for items including structures, flowlines, umbilicals and risers. The company has, to date, delivered more than 50 decommissioning projects for North Sea operators.
Andrew Wylie, Scotland subsea operations manager at Xodus, commented in a company statement:
“Decommissioning in the current economic climate requires a mind-set which is open to change. At Xodus, we deliver this by challenging the norm and constantly using our clever thinking to drive innovation. While offshore infrastructure is complex, a logical approach to decommissioning which makes the most of operational data, lessons learned and latest technologies can reduce costs at every stage of the process.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Xodus Group more info
- Xodus Wins Apache North Sea Well Contract (Jan 23)
- Xodus Delivers Monitoring Service for Woodside's NWS Assets off Australia (Mar 31)
- Xodus Delivers Gas Modelling Suite for Australia's APLNG Project to Origin (Mar 03)