Russia's Rosneft Says China's COSL to Drill Offshore Oil Wells
MOSCOW, Sept 2 (Reuters) - China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) will drill two offshore exploration wells for Russia's Rosneft, the Kremlin-controlled oil giant said on Wednesday, as it is trying to overcome restrictions related to Western sanctions.
Rosneft said COSL will make two exploration wells for its joint project with Norway's Statoil in the Far Eastern Sea of Okhotsk in 2016.
The operations have not been restricted by the Western sanctions, though Rosneft has been at difficulty to attract foreign partners and funds.
The sanctions are related to shale oil, deep sea and Arctic offshore projects. Last year, ExxonMobil had to withdraw from a joint project with Rosneft in the Arctic.
Rosneft said COSL will use Nanhai-9 rig to drill two wells in areas with water depths of less than 150 meters.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; editing by Louise Heavens)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil May Add Gulf Coast Polypropylene Capacity (Mar 20)
- Traders: ExxonMobil Buys LNG To Chill Quake-Hit Papua New Guinea Project (Mar 19)
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Sources: Russia's Rosneft Holds Key To Fixing Iraqi Kurdistan Oil Flows (Mar 05)
- Eni Says Is Drilling In Black Sea Project While Monitoring US Sanctions (Jan 24)
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
Company: China Oilfield Services Ltd (COSL) more info
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)