India ONGC Submits Revised Development Plan for Iran Gas Field
NEW DELHI, Aug 24 (Reuters) - India's ONGC Videsh, the overseas investment arm of explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp , this month submitted a revised proposal seeking the development rights of Iran's giant gas field Farzad B, its managing director said on Monday.
A consortium headed by ONGC Videsh in 2008 discovered the gas field in the Farsi offshore block but could not obtain the permission to develop it due to Western sanctions against Iran's nuclear program.
Last month's agreement between Iran and six world powers have cleared the way for an easing of sanctions, raising prospects for the gas field that is estimated to hold initial in-place reserves of 12.5 trillion cubic feet, with a lifetime of 30 years.
"About two weeks ago we submitted a revised proposal for the development of Farzad B gas field in line with the demand of Iranian authorities," N. K. Verma told Reuters.
Verma said Iran and the consortium, which also includes Oil India and Indian Oil Corp, are soon expected to discuss the revised proposal.
In July Tehran offered a draft contract, known as the Iran Petroleum Contract (IPC), to a visiting Indian delegation. The new contract for the block is a mix of production sharing and service contract.
Iran's envoy to India Gholamreza Ansari last month said India was the "first priority" to develop Farzad B, but urged New Delhi to move fast as the "market will not wait".
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma, editing by William Hardy)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Indian Refiners Turn To Use Dirty Fuel To Produce Power, Gas (Dec 05)
- Indian Oil Aims For LNG Import Capacity Of 13.5 Million Tonnes In 5 Years (Oct 27)
- Sources: India's IOC Buys New US Crude Grades For December Delivery (Oct 10)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
Company: Oil India more info
- India, Iran Plan to Seal Deal to Develop Offshore Farzad B Field by October (Jun 06)
- India Launches Auction for 67 Small Oil, Gas Fields Under a New Bid Scheme (May 26)
- ONGC Plans to Drill 17 Exploration Wells in India's Shale Oil, Gas Blocks (Apr 26)