Scomi Bags $27.66M Deal from PTTEPI for Myanmar's Zawtika Gas Project
Malaysia's Scomi Energy Services Bhd bagged a $27.66 million (MYR 113.51 million) three-year contract from PTTEP International Ltd (PTTEPI) Myanmar to provide drilling fluids together with solids control products, equipment and engineering solutions for the Zawtika gas project offshore Myanmar, Bernama news agency reported Monday.
The contract covered Phases 1B and 1C of the Zawtika Development drilling campaign, with work scheduled to commence in the fourth quarter this year, according to PTTEPI.
PTTEPI would use Scomi Energy's new line of biodegradable base oil from the PlatDrill series in its drilling fluids systems for the offshore drilling campaign.
Scomi Energy's President-Market Units, Oilfield Services, Wan Ruzlan Iskandar, said extensive laboratory tests with various simulations of drilling conditions ranging from normal to extreme high-pressure, high-temperature wells had indicated that this Platdrill oil series would enhance drilling performance, and ultimately reduce drilling cost. According to Scomi Energy, the green-based oil from PlatDrill series was environmentally-friendly, biodegradable and non-toxic when compared with conventional hydrocarbon base oil.
"It has been recently classified as readily biodegradable with a non-toxic ranking by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography, India," Scomi Energy said, as cited in the Bernama report.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ophir Production Cuts First Steel for Ophir Project WHP in Malaysia (Mar 08)
- Muhibbah Says Malaysia's Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Deal is Worth $21.7M-$23.4M (Nov 30)
- OPSB Awards Malaysia's Offshore Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Contract to Muhibbah (Nov 27)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)