KrisEnergy Flows First Oil from Wassana Field in Gulf of Thailand
KrisEnergy Ltd., a Singapore-based independent upstream oil and gas company, announced Monday that it has commenced production from the Wassana oil field in the G10/48 concession in the Gulf of Thailand Aug. 14.
Oil production from the Wassana field is expected to peak at approximately 10,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) when additional development wells are drilled and completed by the jackup Key Gibraltar (300' ILC). KrisEnergy, operator of the G10/48 block since May 2014, indicated that it planned to drill up to 15 development wells, 14 producer wells and one water disposal well.
The Wassana infrastructure comprises a mobile offshore production unit (MOPU), the MOPU Ingenium, a mooring buoy and the Rubicon Vantage floating storage offloading vessel.
“Wassana is KrisEnergy’s first operated oil project and the start of production marks a major milestone in the Company’s evolution. Work is now underway to bring another five wells on stream and to optimize production in this initial wave of drilling. This field is the first of a series of KrisEnergy-operated developments we are working on in Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia,” Chris Gibson-Robinson, director Exploration & Production said in the press release.
The G10/48 block, which covers 1,813 square miles (4,696 square kilometers) over the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 196 feet (60 meters), contains three other discoveries – Niramai and Mayura from 2009 and Rayrai in 2015.
KrisEnergy holds an effective 89 percent working interest in G10/48, with the remaining 11 percent held by Palang Sophon Offshore.
The Gulf of Thailand is a core operational area for KrisEnergy, with the firm holding non-operated working interests in the B8/32, B9A and G11/48 producing blocks. It is the operator of G10/48 and G6/48, where it drilled four successful exploration wells in 2015 and has subsequently submitted a plan of development for the Rossukon oil field in June.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
APAC Editor | Rigzone
- Malaysia's InvestKL Woos Top Oil, Gas MNCs to Base in Kuala Lumpur
- Petrobangla Invites EOIs for 3 Offshore Exploration Blocks in Bay of Bengal
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M
- TH Heavy Engineering, McDermott End Partnership in Malaysia
- Singapore's NUS Slowly Builds its Petroleum Engineering Program