PBJV Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for Work in East Malaysia
Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad reported Wednesday that its wholly-owned subsidiary company, PBJV Group Sdn Bhd (PBJV), has received the Letter of Award from PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) for the supply, refurbishment and maintenance of cleaning pig and associated services in Sabah and Sarawak, East Malaysia.
Under the two year-contract, which will run from June 26 to June 25, 2017, PCSB -- the upstream arm of Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) -- has an option to extend the deal for one year from June 26, 2017 to June 25, 2018.
The work scope for PBJV covers the procurement and supply of pipeline inspection gauges (pigs), procurement of refurbishment kits, refurbishment of pigs, training and ad hoc services related to pigging operations. The scope is part of PCSB’s yearly Operational Pigging Program (OPP), which is an essential element in the maintenance of pipeline system in order to maximize production flow by maintaining internal bore, mitigate internal corrosions and also maximize the design life of the pipeline.
Barakah indicated that the total contract value is dependent on the actual work orders to be issued by PCSB, with the firm estimating the value at approximately $5 million (MYR 20 million) to $7.5 million (MYR 30 million), based on the current estimated work program.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad more info
- PBJV Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for Work Off East Malaysia (Aug 26)
- Malaysia's PBJV Clinches $9.4M T&I Contract for SKO Field Off Sarawak (Jul 28)
- PBJV Clinches Contract from Murphy for Work Offshore Malaysia (Jun 14)