Sound Oil Agrees Italy Gas Deal with Shell
Junior energy firm Sound Oil announced Thursday that it has agreed a gas sales deal for its Casa Tonetto production concession with Shell Energy Italia.
Located in northern Italy, the Casa Tonetto concession includes the Nervesa natural gas field development – which Sound declared in mid-July would produce its first commercial gas later this year following a decision by the Italian Ministry of Economic Development's decision to award the company a production concession for the project.
Sound Oil CEO James Parsons commented in a company statement:
"I am very pleased to report the signature of the gas sales agreement, which increases our exposure to Italian gas market and represents the first relationship with the Shell group.''
The Nervesa field is a 21-billion cubic foot field discovered by ENI in 1985. Sound has spud two wells on the field since 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sound Gets Closer to Securing Rig for Badile Drill (Feb 29)
- Sound Energy All Set to Drill First Moroccan Well (Feb 15)
- Sound Energy Confirms Clean-Up Operations at Nervesa (Feb 09)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Says Fire Extinguished At Singapore Refinery-Petchem Plant (Dec 11)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Pressured For Profit, Oil Majors Bet Big On Shale Technology (Nov 28)