The Gulf Hibiscus-Pacific Oil JV Clinches Offshore Block 2 in Gulf of Suez
Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum Berhad's wholly-owned subsidiary Gulf Hibiscus Limited clinched the South East Ras El Ush concession (Block 2) in the southern Gulf of Suez, Egypt from the Ganoub El-Wadi Petroleum Holding Company (Ganope) -- an entity of Egypt's Ministry of Petroleum, the company said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia Tuesday.
Gulf Hibiscus successfully bidded for Block 2 with Pacific Oil Limited in a 50:50 joint venture, with the latter acting as operator of the concession to leverage on its management team’s experience in the country.
The offshore concession, covering an area of 26 square miles (68 square kilometers) in water depth of up to 246 feet (75 meters), is surrounded by development leases.
Block 2 contains the discovered West Ashrafi field, which is included in the concession, and may be developed with a production tie-in to the nearby existing onshore infrastructures. Commercial oil and gas were found at two wells that were previously drilled in the West Ashrafi field.
"The award is subject to the execution of a definitive agreement. Gulf Hibiscus’ financial exposure to undertake the minimum work commitment is estimated to be approximately $8 million over the first 4 years (first exploration phase)," Hibiscus Petroleum said in the release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- The Gulf Hibiscus-Pacific Oil JV Clinches Offshore Block 2 in Gulf of Suez (Aug 05)
- India Consortia Bag 3 Oil Exploration Blocks in Egypt (Nov 07)
- Dana Gas Receives Award for Egypt Operations (May 05)
Company: Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd more info
- Polo Resources to Acquire 8.4% Stake in Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum (Dec 03)
- Vic/P57 JV Confirms Sea Lion-1 Prospect Offshore Australia as a Dry Well (Nov 11)
- Hibiscus Petroleum Plans to Acquire Hydra Energy to Grow Oil Resource Base (Nov 11)