InterOil to Drill Antelope 4 Sidetrack Well in PNG's PRL 15 Soon
Papua New Guinea- (PNG) focused Oil Search Limited reported Monday that Total E&P PNG Limited (Total) has become operator of the PRL 15 Joint Venture, including the Papua LNG Project, effective Aug. 1. This follows the unanimous vote by all joint venture participants at the end of February to appoint Total as operator of the PRL 15 Joint Venture, subject to the terms of the Joint Venture Operating Agreement.
The Papua New Guinea Department of Petroleum and Energy has been advised of the effective date of the change of operator.
An Operator Transition Agreement has been agreed between Total and the former operator, InterOil Corporation. Under this agreement, InterOil will drill the Antelope 4 sidetrack well, which is expected to commence drilling shortly, on behalf of Total, while Total will operate the Antelope 6 well.
Commenting on the milestone, Peter Botten, Oil Search’s managing director, said:
“We welcome Total, which is a highly experienced operator and a world leader in the global LNG industry, as operator of the Papua LNG Project. Total personnel are now progressively being mobilized to Port Moresby. Given the importance of Papua LNG to Oil Search and PNG, supporting Total and working closely and collaboratively with InterOil, governments and landowners towards the earliest practicable development of the Elk-Antelope field is a key priority for Oil Search.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)