Production Commences at Yolla-6 Well in Australia's BassGas Project
AWE Limited, a 35 percent joint venture partner in the BassGas project in Permit T/L1 in Bass Strait, offshore Australia, disclosed Thursday that the Yolla-6 development well has been successfully tied-in to export facilities on the Yolla platform and production from that well has commenced.
The Operator is monitoring well performance to achieve optimal co-mingling with production from the existing Yolla-4 well. The early unstablised production rate from the BassGas facilities has now increased to approximately 57 terajoules (TJ) per day following the addition of the Yolla-6 well.
AWE Managing Director, Bruce Clement, said that the development drilling phase of the BassGas Mid Life Enhancement project was nearing completion.
“With Yolla-6 now on production, and well performance in-line with data acquired while drilling the well, we are looking forward to additional production from the Yolla-5 well, due to come online in early August,” he said.
The BassGas project consists of the Yolla offshore well head platform connected by pipeline to the gas processing facility at Lang Lang, Victoria. The Yolla platform is located in Bass Strait, approximately 87 miles (140 kilometers) offshore from Kilcunda, Victoria.
The BassGas Joint Venture partners in T/L1 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) - 35.00 percent
- Origin Energy Resources Limited (Operator) - 42.50 percent
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Trefoil Limited - 11.25 percent
- Prize Petroleum International Pte. Ltd. - 11.25 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Prize Petroleum more info
- Production Commences at Yolla-6 Well in Australia's BassGas Project (Jul 30)
- AWE Trims Yolla Field Reserves in Australia's Bass Strait (Jul 20)
- ONGC Signs Contracts for Marginal Field Developments (Apr 05)