Husky Says Indonesia's Madura Strait Projects to Start Production in 2017
Husky Energy Inc. reported that the its shallow water gas projects in the Madura Strait offshore Indonesia is on track for first production in 2017, the company revealed in an update on its second quarter results Tuesday.
The Canada-based firm, which jointly operate the field with China's CNOOC, indicated that construction of a wellhead platform and pipeline infrastructure at the liquids-rich BD field is around 45 percent complete, while a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) facility is being built to process the gas and liquids production from the field. Malaysia's Bumi Armada Berhad and its Indonesian partner PT Armada Nusantara were awarded the $1.18 billion FPSO supply contract in December 2014.
Husky said the operator has completed a rig procurement process for the project although no futher details were available.
Meantime, the company reported that a tendering process is now underway for a floating production vessel and related engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract to develop the combined MDA-MBH fields in the Madura Strait. These fields are expected to be progressively brought on production between 2017 and 2019. The operator has also secured approval for a plan of development for the MDK field, which is targeted to be tied into the MDA-MBH fields in the same period.
Husky added that combined net sales volumes from the BD and MDA-MBH fields are expected to reach around 90 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/d) of gas and 2,400 barrels of oil equivalent per day of associated liquids.
Elsewhere in Indonesia, the firm said a 3D seismic program on the Anugerah block offshore East Java was recently completed, with the data currently being evaluated to determine the potential for future exploration activity.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Husky Energy more info
- Husky Energy Posts Smaller 2Q Loss On Higher Oil Prices (Jul 21)
- Canada's LNG Failure Is Its Own Fault, Seven Gen Founder Says (Jul 17)
- Statoil Drills Dry Wells Off Canada's Newfoundland (Jul 10)
Company: Bumi Armada Berhad more info
- Bumi Armada to Pay $85M in Reimbursement, Liquidated Damages for FPSO (Sep 16)
- Bumi Armada Berhad Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (Sep 09)
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)