AWE Drops Plans to Proceed with WA's Drover-1 Phase 2 Exploration Program
AWE Limited, as Operator of Exploration Permit 455 in the Perth Basin, Western Australia, revealed Friday that after consultation with Joint Venture partner, Titan Energy Limited, it will not proceed with Phase 2 of the Drover-1 exploration program and will not hydraulically fracture stimulate the well.
Results from the Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test (DFIT), completed in April, and analysis of the core samples and wireline data taken in 2014 have provided sufficient information for AWE’s assessment of the shale gas potential in the southern extent of its Perth Basin acreage and no further work is required at this location.
The Drover-1 exploration well will now be decommissioned and rehabilitated back to its pre-existing state.
Drover-1 is located on pastoral land in the Shire of Coorow, approximately 11 miles (18 kilometers) southeast of Green Head and 137 miles (220 kilometers) north of Perth, and was designed to test the unconventional gas potential in the far southern extent of AWE’s Perth Basin acreage.
The Joint Venture has applied to renew Exploration Permit 455 and is awaiting regulatory approval.
The Joint Venture partners in EP455 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator) - 81.50 percent
- Titan Energy Limited - 18.50 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Titan Energy Ltd. more info
- AWE Drops Plans to Proceed with WA's Drover-1 Phase 2 Exploration Program (Jul 24)
- Australian Junior Looks to Build a Titan in Face of Downturn (Apr 16)
- Titan Energy Updates on Drilling at Drover-1 Well in EP455 in Perth Basin (Jul 31)