Total Starts Production from Dalia Phase 1A Offshore Angola
Total announced Tuesday that it has started production from Dalia Phase 1A, a new development on the offshore operated Block 17, located 83 miles off the coast of Angola.
The Dalia Phase 1A project involves the drilling of seven infill wells tied back to the Dalia Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) unit. The project will develop additional reserves of 51 million barrels and will contribute 30,000 barrels per day to Block 17’s production, according to Total.
Total President Exploration & Production Arnaud Breuillac commented in a company statement:
“The Dalia FPSO came on stream nearly nine years ago and with the addition of Phase 1A will still produce around 200,000 barrels per day. It is the latest milestone in the success story of Block 17, Total’s most prolific license with cumulative production reaching two billion barrels in May 2015. Dalia Phase 1A demonstrates Total’s commitment to maximizing value through the optimal use of existing facilities. These types of profitable satellite tie-back developments play an important role in maintaining production levels and generating additional free cash flow for the group.”
Total operates Block 17 with a 40 percent interest alongside Statoil, which holds a 23.33 percent interest, Esso Exploration Angola Block 17 Ltd, which holds a 20 percent interest, and BP Exploration Angola Ltd, which holds a 16.67 percent interest.
Through Blocks 17, 0 and 14, Total’s equity production reached 200,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2014. The company’s operated production exceeded 700,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2015, making it Angola’s leading oil operator.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)