AWE Trims Yolla Field Reserves in Australia's Bass Strait
AWE Limited reported Monday that the Operator of the BassGas Joint Venture in permit T/L1 in Bass Strait, offshore Australia, Origin Energy, has provided a preliminary reassessment of reserves for the Yolla field based on new data obtained from the recently drilled Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 development wells.
Interpretation of log and pressure data obtained from Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 has resulted in a reduction in the estimated original gas in place for the field, although further technical work is required to validate this estimate.
Whilst recognizing the need for further analysis, AWE has chosen to adopt the preliminary reassessment of the Operator and reduce its share of reported remaining 2P Reserves for the Yolla field by 5.5 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe), down to 13 MMboe (as at June 30). After the recently announced 19.3 MMboe increase in 2P Reserves in the Company’s Sugarloaf project, the Yolla reduction represents 5 percent of the Company’s total remaining 2P Reserves of approximately 100 MMboe.
AWE expects to recognize a non-cash impairment of the carrying value for the BassGas asset of between $73.58 million (AUD 100 million) to $80.94 million (AUD 110 million) after tax in its full year accounts.
AWE’s Managing Director, Bruce Clement, said, “The updated reserves at Yolla will result in less gas production later in the field life, but overall it is not expected to have a material impact on production or cash flow during the next three to four years. We anticipate production from the field will increase to a rate close to the facilities’ capacity of 67 terajoules per day (TJ/day), once the Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 development wells are brought on-stream.
“AWE will now consider accelerating development feasibility studies for the Trefoil field in adjacent permit T/18P to determine if its 2C Contingent Resources of 17 MMboe (AWE share) can be developed earlier as an incremental project to Yolla production,” he said.
Clement added, “AWE will continue to focus on progressing its major development projects, particularly the appraisal drilling and early development of the Waitsia gas project in Western Australia”.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Prize Petroleum more info
- Production Commences at Yolla-6 Well in Australia's BassGas Project (Jul 30)
- AWE Trims Yolla Field Reserves in Australia's Bass Strait (Jul 20)
- ONGC Signs Contracts for Marginal Field Developments (Apr 05)