Caliera Awaits Approval of its Acquisition of 70% Stake in PEP 51153 in NZ
MEO Australia Limited, on behalf of its wholly owned subsidiary MEO New Zealand Pty Limited, reported Wednesday that shareholders of Kea Petroleum Limited (Kea) have approved the sale of its 70 percent interest in PEP 51153 to Caliera Fund Limited (Caliera), a privately-owned New Zealand company. The sale is subject to New Zealand regulatory approval.
PEP 51153, located in New Zealand’s onshore Taranaki basin, contains the Puka oil field (currently suspended) and the Shannon oil prospect. MEO elected not to exercise its pre-emptive right in purchasing Kea’s 70 percent as it considers its current 30 percent, non-operating interest an appropriate risk-reward profile for this permit.
MEO considers the sale of PEP 51153 to well-funded Caliera strengthens the likelihood of a more aggressive approach to unlocking the value potential of the permit, including drilling activity in 2015-16.
MEO looks forward to discussing the future work program with Caliera following receipt of regulatory approval, and will update shareholders in due course.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)
Company: Kea Petroleum plc more info
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- MEO Withdraws Application to Assume Operatorship of NZ Permit PEP51153 (Feb 25)
- MEO to Takes Over as Operator of NZ's Exploration Permit PEP51153 (Jan 19)